Last week our Symbio US team attended the worlds biggest Software conference in San Francisco > Dreamforce 2013 organized by Salesforce.com.
What an exciting week with an array of technology celebrities, such as Dropbox CEO Drew Houston, Yahoo! CEO Marissa Mayer, Facebook COO Sheryl Sandberg and obviously Salesforce CEO Marc Benioff among others. Dreamforce is also known for it’s “Rockstars”, this year represented by Huey Lewis, Blondie and Greenday… what a huge party (even though it was raining) at AT&T park on Wednesday night!
The conference itself was all about the “Internet of Customers”, which means to describe the connectivity every company will soon have with its customers. Since the new salesforce product Salesforce 1 aims to help companies tackling this exact challenge salesforce itself was in the center of most keynotes.
- The internet of things is defined by social, mobile, cloud and connected attributes.
- Today, we are talking about the “Internet of Customers”
- The customer is in power, because the customer is connected.
- The customer revolution is underway:
- 1990s – cloud computing
- 2000s – social networking
- 2010s – mobile computing