SeLion content sourced from http://paypal.github.io/SeLion/
What is SeLion?
For a complicated website with a large number of pages and flows, being changed constantly by many developers in multiple locations and rendered in over 30 languages, it is the answer for testing in the multiverse. Your requirements: Test it all, have easily maintainable test cases, the test writers shouldn’t have to do a ton of coding. And in Java SeLion makes front-end automation easier.
What’s in SeLion?
- WebDriver – Makes direct calls to the browser using each browser’s native support for automation
- IOS-Driver – Automate any IOS native, hybrid, or mobile web application
- Selendroid – A test automation framework which drives off the UI of Android native and hybrid applications
- Maven – A software project management and comprehension tool
- TestNG – A testing framework using annotations to provide a more powerful way to test your code in various ways: unit, regression, functional, integration and more
Why use SeLion?
It’s a bid to replace an old “record and playback” test software with a Java native test framework which promotes best practices and can scale across complex flows and multiple languages. The result? A Selenium WebDriver-based framework SeLion (pronounced “sea lion”).SeLion builds on top of TestNG and Selenium to provide a set of capabilities that get you up and running with WebDriver in a short time. It can be used for testing web and mobile applications.
How SeLion Works
SeLion uses Page Objects as a base methodology, commonly recommended by the Selenium community. Page element identifiers are not hard coded in the test cases but outlined in a YAML page definition file which is converted into a Java class which can then be referred to in test cases. If the page element changes, the classes get regenerated. Multiple teams accessing the same classes, don’t have to change anything in their test case code, removing the need to re-write or maintain the base page classes.
Watch the webinar recording for our “How We Learned To Love Test Automation – A PayPal Journey” webinar:
We work best in complete collaboration with our clients, and it all begins with a conversation. No matter what industry you serve or where you are in the world, we can help you with your digital innovation journey to transform your business and your customer relationships.
Let’s start the conversation!