The Symbio team just wrapped up a great time at CES in Las Vegas this past week. Between networking, booth activity, dinners, parties and the general Las Vegas atmosphere, it was quite a show! Our team met with a variety of peers, colleagues, partners and clients, sharing insight and discussing technology innovation. Below are a few great takeaways from the event worth sharing.
- China Companies had a much larger presence this year, signifying the global growth and market relevance technology plays. Last year, many of the Chinese companies seemed to be tucked away in the back of the hall with small booths. This year, we would guess at least a third of all the large booths were China companies – everything from 3D printers to drones to cars to hover boards.
- Our team focused a lot of our attention on automotive innovation. Every Automotive OEM had some flavor of the concept of a complete digital dash (whether that was one screen all the way across the dash, or several separate screens). Most if not all had some inference to concept cars for autonomous driving. Additionally, rear and side mirror concepts seem to be a thing of the past, as sensors and cameras are quickly replacing them.
- In addition to the automotive innovation, IoT was everywhere. From watches to refrigerators to beds to bras. It was hard to go anywhere without seeing a booth that wasn’t showing something connected to the internet.
- Our favorite booth was the choreographed demo of the 10+ dancing mini-drones at the Parrot booth. Pretty spectacular what they pulled off.
- Uber also saved the day from a transportation perspective. There were no more 1.5 hour taxi lines! Just call Uber and climb aboard. Made life at CES much more palatable for everyone.
We look forward to attending CES next year, and networking with a great group of companies and peers. Symbio has decades of experience in helping clients to develop, test and launch global technology solutions. Our clients are at the forefront of technology innovation, allowing them to work more efficiently, saving time and money along the way. If you’re interested in learning more about Development, Testing, QA, or need help bringing your product to market, download our Symbio Overview Data Sheet or email us at email@example.com. We’d love to help you launch your next innovation to the world.